Earlier this year, China Electronic Cigarette Information Platform had published an article titled heavy! The national standards of the electronic cigarette industry may be expected to be awarded by the National Standards Committee as important, which refers to the Secretary of the Party Group and Director of the National Tobacco Monopoly Bureau. Ling Chengxing, general manager of the China National Tobacco Corporation, emphasized in his address to the National Tobacco Work Conference in 2018. The “Electronic Cigarette” national standard was approved by the National Standards Committee. This indicates that the e-cigarette national standard has been formally put on the work schedule, and also revealed that the State Tobacco Monopoly Administration will be directly responsible for the formulation and implementation of national standards for e-cigarettes.
As expected! After half a year of speculation and eagerly awaiting expectations, the national standards on electronic cigarettes finally have the latest news!
Recently, the China Electronic Cigarette Information Platform learned from the website of the National Standardization Information Public Service Platform under the China National Standards Management Committee that the electronic cigarette and electronic cigarette night national standards have now entered a review stage. If there is no objection during the review period, national standards for electronic cigarettes and electronic cigarette liquids will be approved by the National Standards Committee within the next 24 months and 12 months respectively.
Note: screenshot source national standard information public service platform -Standardization Administration of the People’s Republic of China
Then, the national standards for e-cigarettes and e-cigarette liquids are really defined by who, what the standard content is, and who will ultimately execute it.
Note: screenshot source national standard information public service platform
After careful inspection by the China Electronic Cigarette Information Platform, it was discovered that the standards of the two national standards for electronic cigarettes and e-cigarette liquids are the National Tobacco Standardization Technical Committee. The competent authorities are the National Tobacco Monopoly Bureau, and the drafting units are all uniformly tobacco. System agencies, no one electronic cigarette companies involved. Among them, the main drafters of national standards for electronic cigarettes include the Shanghai New Tobacco Products Research Institute, the China Tobacco Corporation Zhengzhou Tobacco Research Institute, the China Tobacco Standardization Research Center, and the National Tobacco Quality Supervision and Inspection Center. The main drafting units of national standards for e-cigarette nights include the Zhengzhou Tobacco Research Institute of China National Tobacco Corporation and Guangdong Zhongyan Industrial Co., Ltd.
In fact, the e-cigarette and e-cigarette liquid state standards have been issued as scheduled without any suspense. Although the national standards under the charge of the State Tobacco Monopoly Administration are already objective facts, this is within the expectation of all e-cigarette practitioners and individuals, but what will the whole e-cigarette industry bring after the introduction of national standards under the leadership of the tobacco system? Impact, the future development and trend of electronic cigarette is what! Believe! ! This is the most concern and concern for all e-cigarette companies and individuals!
Attachment: The scope and main technical content of national standards for electronic cigarettes and electronic cigarettes
One. The scope and main technical contents of the Electronic Cigarette National Standard Program
Scope: This standard applies to electronic cigarettes.
The main technical content:
- 《Electronic Cigarettes – Part 1》Smoke Liquids”: Nicotine Limited Requirements and Evaluation Schemes for Cigarette Liquids; Technical Requirements and Evaluation Schemes for Electronic Cigarette Additives; Contaminant Assessment Programs and Related Technical Requirements.
- 《Electronic Cigarettes- Part 2》Appliances”: Technical indicators and risk assessment programs for contact materials (oral cavity, liquid smoke), including analysis and research of electronic cigarette materials, analysis of migration, etc.; requirements and evaluation plans for electronic cigarette devices. Including mechanical structure requirements, electrical safety requirements, environmental adaptation requirements, operational safety requirements, and assessment programs.
3.《 Electronic Cigarettes – Part 3》 Releases”: Including the study of the smoking behavior of electronic cigarettes and the stability characterization of electronic cigarette products.
- 《Electronic Cigarettes – Part 4》Packaging Labeling”: Research program for the packaging and labeling of electronic cigarette smoke and smoking accessories.
5.《Electronic Cigarettes – Part 5》 Storage and Transportation”: Study on the technical requirements for electronic cigarette smoke and smoking instruments during storage and transportation.
(Three) List of products involved
pre-populated electronic cigarette, oil-filled electronic cigarette, accessory vape oil for the electronic cigarette, parts of electronic cigarette (battery, adapter, atomization core, adapter, cigarette holder, etc.)
(Four), the main mandatory content and reasons
Mandatory reasons: Electronic cigarettes, also known as electronic nicotine transfer systems, are a type of consumer product designed to transport nicotine to the lungs. Similar to cigarettes or cigars, they can quickly deliver enough nicotine to consumers to simulate the sensory experience of smoking. Place one end of a plastic tube or metal in the mouth, inhale and draw out the mixture of air and vapor in the device and send it to the respiratory system. Including electronic atomization systems, rechargeable batteries and chargers, electronic regulators and replaceable cartridges, the cartridges may contain nicotine and other chemicals. China is the largest producer of e-cigarettes, and the number of e-cigarettes in China has increased year by year. However, the supervision of e-cigarettes is now in the “three nos” state of “no product standards, no quality supervision, no safety assessment”. If there are no standards to strictly regulate, electronic cigarettes will directly threaten the health and safety of consumers, so this standard should be enforced.
Two： Scope and main technical contents of the National Standards Program for Determination of Nicotine, Propylene Glycol, and Glycerol in Electronic Cigarette Liquids by Gas Chromatography
Scope: This standard applies to the determination of nicotine, propylene glycol and glycerol in e-liquids.
The main technical content:
- To study sample pretreatment methods for nicotine, propylene glycol and glycerol in electronic cigarette liquor. To investigate the effects of different extraction solvents, different shaking times and different sample weights on the determination of nicotine, propylene glycol and glycerol in electronic cigarette liquor.
- Optimize the analytical conditions for the determination of nicotine, propylene glycol and glycerol in the electronic cigarette liquid by gas chromatograph. The internal standard substance is preferably selected to examine the influence of different capillary columns on the separation of the target compound, internal standard and interferents.
- Internal validation of the analytical method. The linear range and correlation coefficient of the best standard curve for the analytical method, and the recoveries, detection limits, quantification limits, and precision of the analytical method were studied.
- Select 200 samples of representative e-cigarette liquids at home and abroad, analyze them using established methods, and investigate the applicability of the analytical methods.
- Conduct joint experiments on analytical methods: In the country, we organized 10 joint quality experiments conducted by accredited quality inspection agencies and laboratories.
- To form a draft for analysis of the analysis method, and to solicit opinions from domestic quality inspection agencies and laboratories.
- According to the feedback comments, it is modified to form a draft for the analysis method.