As early as 1867, people extracted niacin from the nicotine in cigarettes, so it is also called niacin. There are two naturally occurring forms of niacin and niacinamide, both of which participate in the body’s energy metabolism in the form of coenzymes and play an important role in the metabolism of cholesterol.
Actually, the benefits of smoking or vaping are the uses of niacin. What are the uses of niacin, and what are the fasts of using nicotine?
1. Niacin in nicotine is used for various types of hyperlipoproteinemia, and mainly treats various types of hyperlipidemia except homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia (FH), especially for hyperlipidemia.
2. Good for patients with elevated low-density lipoprotein (LDL-C) levels and high cholesterol.
3. Niacin in nicotine can also be used for patients with severe hypercholesterolemia who have failed to treat with bile acid chelating agents.
4. Niacin in nicotine is used for migraine, cerebral artery embolism, inner ear vertigo.
5. Nicotine comes with a weight loss effect. Cigarettes contain a lot of nicotine, which can suppress appetite.
6. Nicotine creates creative inspiration. Many great writers in history find inspiration through smoking.
7. Nicotine can only cause cancer when it directly acts on the human body when its purity is extremely high, and the nicotine content in tobacco is far below this standard.
Currently, the Victoria Davis Laboratory set up by the US Food and Drug Administration clarified The “misunderstanding” of nicotine in the traditional concept: “The nicotine in cigarettes can be metabolized in only 60 minutes after entering the bloodstream. Such a fast debilitating period is unlikely to cause damage to the body.”
8. Nicotine is expected to become an effective drug for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and depression.
9. Nicotine is not only found in tobacco, but also in the fruits of many Solanaceae plants.
For example, tomatoes, medlar and other plants contain nicotine, but these vegetables and medicinal materials are recognized as healthy foods that are beneficial to the human body, so a small amount of nicotine will not cause major harm.
10. The stimulation of nicotine can make people highly concentrated temporarily.
Nicotine is the main addictive substance in tobacco. It reaches the brain within a few seconds of smoking and activates the acetylcholine receptors in the hypothalamic nerve of the brain. The main function of acetylcholine in the brain is to maintain consciousness, which is essential for our learning and memory.
Of course, everything comes with pros and cons. There is no absolute good or bad thing in the world, and so is smoking or vaping the nicotine-contained vapes.