Millions of vapers, e-cigarette users and harm reduction advocates across the globe, celebrated World Vape Day, on the 30th of May, a day before World No Tobacco Day.
The aim of World Vape Day is raising awareness about the relative safety of e-cigarettes and their potential as harm reduction and smoking cessation tools. The goal is encouraging smokers who are unable to quit unaided, to do so by switching to the safer alternatives.
RegWatch 3-hour show
To mark the occasion, a number of speakers who have public health and harm reduction at heart, contributed and shared their views on the RegWatch 3-hour show. The live event has been recorded and may be accessed by any interested parties and speakers appeared as follows:
- 00:00:00 – Michael Landl – Director, World Vapers’ Alliance
- 00:14:40 – David Sweanor – Adj. Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa, Tobacco-control Policy Expert & Dr. Chris Lalonde – Prof. Psychology, University of Victoria, Expert in Research Methodology
- 00:46:50 – Dr. Mark Tyndall – Physician, Prof. Medicine, UBC School of Population and Public Health, Former Director of the BC CD
- 00:58:50 – Vaping 95% Safer? – Martin Dockrel, Tobacco Control Program Lead, Public Health England
- 01:07:45 – David Praph, Marketing Manager DashVapes, YouTube Creator
- 01:24:15 – Cliff Douglas, Adj. Prof. University Michigan School of Public Health, Former VP, Tobacco Control, American Cancer Society
- 01:33:30 – Phil Busardo – Host, pBusardo Reviews, Co-host Smoker’s Show & DP show, tasteyourjuice.com
- 01:52:00 – Canadian Senate Testimony, Bill S-5
- 02:04:01 – Mike Meathrel – President and Founder Dvine Labs, Canada’s Largest e-Liquid contract packaging facility
- 02:19:40 – Daniel David – President of VITA & Sam Tam – President Canadian Vaping Association
- 02:29:00 – Christina Xydous – CDVQ Spokesperson
- 02:40:30 – Adam Ward – Petition organizer / Owner, Cloud Chaserz Inc.