Vape tricks are a lot like relationships. They take work, respect and the ability to have some fun.
Learning a new vape trick takes serious effort and dedication. It’s not something you can buy, like a bunch of flowers or a stuffed animal, so your Valentine is sure to be impressed if you’ve learned to blow a vape heart for them (hopefully).
In this blog post, we’ve also included some vape trick photography and video tips so you can share your tricks with the world.
Set-up for vape tricks
You need the right equipment if you want to perform hella romantic vape tricks.
Top of your list should be a powerful box mod with at least two 18650 batteries. A high-powered mod like the two-battery SMOK Alien 220W or the three-battery Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 is essential for getting the big airy clouds you need to sculpt your tricks.
You’ll also need a good atomizer. The coil arrangements on the SMOK TFV12 Cloud Beast and the SMOK TFV12 Prince sub-ohm tanks make them popular with cloud chasers, but many vaping tricksters prefer to use a rebuildable dripping atomizer (RDA).
Finally, if you want to be a vape trick expert, you’ll also need some high VG vape juice. Remember, the higher the VG, the thicker the clouds.
Blowing a vape ring
There are a few different ways of blowing a vape heart, but they all start with blowing a good vape ring or ‘O’ first.
- Take a big draw on your vape and inhale into the back of your throat.
- Keeping your tongue towards the bottom and back of your mouth, form a small round ‘O’ shape with your lips.
- Push some vapor out of your mouth by creating a short pulse in the back of your throat, like you are simulating a cough.
You can also use your tongue to push out the vapor. This creates better rings but it takes more practice.
The size of the ring corresponds to how wide you open your mouth. Smaller rings are easier, but for a clear heart-shape you will probably need a larger ring so open your mouth wider.
Blowing perfect rings takes a lot of practice, but if you pay attention to fundamental motion then you should master it in a day.
Blowing a smoke heart
Once you have nailed your rings, there are two ways of turning a good ring into a heart shape.
The first is to firmly snap your fingers just above the top arc of the ring. This air disturbance will cause the top of the ring to collapse into itself, creating a heart.
The second method is more impressive, but you to be really good at directing your smoke rings.
To do it, blow one large ‘O’ ring and then direct a second, smaller ring so that its bottom edge just clips the top lip of the first ring. This will create the same disturbance as snapping your fingers and should create a heart.
Tips for recording vape tricks
Once you’ve nailed your heart and impressed your date you can share it with the world by taking a photo or video.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- A room with dark walls or a dark-colored background will help your tricks stand out.
- Try to get two or three light sources pointed at various angles around your vape tricks. Experiment with different arrangements for different effects.
- White LED lights will illuminate the vape well but normal home lamps will work as well.
- Use a burst mode on your phone or camera to take lots of consecutive photos.
- Use a wide angle lens for long distance vape tricks where you move around.